Spirovac® L5 (Zoetis)
Spirovac L5 is for vaccination of healthy cattle, including pregnant cows and heifers, over four weeks of age, as an aid in preventing disease caused by Leptospira (L. canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. icterohaemorrhagiae and L. pomona including L. borgpetersenii serovar hardjo type hardjo-bovis).
In addition, it is especially recommended to prevent establishment of L. hardjo in the kidney, and thus shedding in the urine, for at least 12 months. Spirovac L5 also prevents the establishment of L. hardjo in the genital tract and aids in preventing infection of the fetus.
- Spirovac L5 is safe for use in pregnant cows, making it easy to implement whole-herd protection.
- Spirovac L5 provides 12-month duration of immunity (DOI) against hardjo-bovis urinary shedding, which means less time and labor required, increasing peace of mind.
- Spirovac L5 helps provide placental and fetal protection, helping prevent long term maintenance host infections and fetal infections.
Initial vaccination give 2 doses SQ, 4 to 6 weeks apart. Annual revaccination with 1 dose SQ.
- Store away from light at 2°- 7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.