Modine Hot Dawg® Heater - Model HD
QC Part #
MFR # HD
Shipping is included in the price of the heater for US orders (excludes Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico). This offer is valid only for orders placed online. Free shipping is for the heater only. You will be charged shipping for parts and accessories.
If you are purchasing a heater unit that will be installed at an elevation above 2,000 ft., please denote on the order. Modine has changed the process in how they deal with heaters installed at elevations above 2,000'. Modine no longer provides gas orifices to make the adjustment; instead, an adjustment is now made in the field on the unit's gas valve. For additional information, please see the document titled "High Altitude Kit Instructions" below in the Documents section.
The Installation & Service Manual is located on the inside of the unit and is accessible by removing the side panel.
NOTE: 100,000-125,000 BTU models do not include mounting brackets. These units feature 4 top threaded holes for mounting with 3/8" threaded rod or 3/8" eye bolts and chain.
An affordable way to heat your barn, garage, workshop or warehouse, the HD Model Modine Hot Dawg Heater operates at an impressive 80% thermal efficiency. Easy to install, the heater features a direct spark ignition, low profile design and quiet operation. The heater may be fueled with your choice of liquid propane or natural gas. Certified for residential, commercial and industrial use.
All installation and service of the Modine Hot Dawg Garage and Shop Heaters should be performed by a qualified installation and service agency.
Features & Advantages
- 80% thermal efficiency
- Quiet operation
- Choose from Natural Gas or Propane
- Direct spark ignition
- Low-profile design
- Certified for residential, commercial and industrial use
- Standard power exhaust simplifies side-wall or roof venting
- Versatile design allows for right or left-hand controls and installation; gas, electrical and flue connections can be changed from one side to the other by simply flipping the Hot Dawg over; 30,000-75,000 BTU units only
- Permanently-lubricated motor for trouble-free dependability
- Full 10-year warranty on heat exchanger
- 3" vent - 30,000-75,000 BTU
- 4" vent - 100,000-125,000 BTU
- CSA Certified
- Aluminized heat exchanger
- Made in the USA
L x W x H
|HD30A||HD30AS0121||30,000||24,600||Propane||1-1 1/2 Car Garage||26.8"x 16.5" x 13.2"||67 lbs/FedEx Shippable|
|HD30A||HD30AS0111||30,000||24,600||Natural Gas||1-1 1/2 Car Garage||26.8" x 16.5" x 13.2"||67 lbs/FedEx Shippable|
|HD45A||HD45AS0121||45,000||36,900||Propane||2-2 1/2 Car Garage||26.8" x 16.5" x 13.2"||72 lbs./FedEx Shippable|
|HD45A||HD45AS0111||45,000||36,900||Natural Gas||2-2 1/2 Car Garage||26.8" x 16.5" x 13.2"||72 lbs./FedEx Shippable|
|HD60A||HD60AS0121||60,000||49,200||Propane||3-3 1/2 Car Garage||26.8" x 16.5" x 19"||92 lbs./FedEx Shippable|
|HD60A||HD60AS0111||60,000||49,200||Natural Gas||3-3 1/2 Car Garage||26.8" x 16.5" x 19"||92 lbs./FedEx Shippable|
|HD75A||HD75AS0121||75,000||61,500||Propane||Shop-Large Garage||26.8" x 16.5" x 19"||97 lbs./Freight Only|
|HD75A||HD75AS0111||75,000||61,500||Natural Gas||Shop-Large Garage||26.8" x 16.5" x 19"||97 lbs./Freight Only|
|HD100A||HD100AS0121||100,000||82,000||Propane||Shop-Large Garage||35.5" x 22" x 21.5"||143 lbs./Freight Only|
|HD100A||HD100AS0111||100,000||82,000||Natural Gas||Shop-Large Garage||35.5" x 22" x 21.5"||143 lbs./Freight Only|
|HD125A||HD125AS0121||125,000||102,500||Propane||Shop-Large Garage||35.5" x 22" x 21.5"||143 lbs./Freight Only|
|HD125A||HD125AS0111||125,000||102,500||Natural Gas||Shop-Large Garage||35.5" x 22" x 21.5"||143 lbs./Freight Only|
**HD75 units can ship via parcel to certain states, however, we recommend shipping this unit via Motor Freight. Call for details.
|Unit||CFM||Air Temp Rise||Mounting Height Max||Heat Throw||Amps||Vent Size|
|HD30 - HD75||HD100 - HD125|
|3" Pipe||4" Pipe|
|Flue Adapter||QC Part #21316||QC Part #21317|
|Increaser||QC Part #21307||N/A|
|5' Pipe||QC Part #21300||QC Part #21301|
|Thimble||QC Part #21312||QC Part #21313|
|Vent Cap||QC Part #21314||QC Part #21315|
|Tee||QC Part #21308||QC Part #21309|
|T-Cap||QC Part #21310||QC Part #21311|
|Elbow||QC Part #21305||QC Part #21306|
- HD100 & HD125 models require a 4" pipe
- The HD30-HD75 models typically use 3" pipe. They can use 4" pipe, but only when an increaser, QC Part #21307 is used as well
- Check with a local building inspector to determine if your structure is classified as residential or commercial
- All installation and service of the Modine Hot Dawg Garage and Shop Heaters should be performed by a qualified installation and service agency
- When ordering parts for Modine Hot Dawg Heaters, please have the following ready: Model Number, Serial Number, Power Code and Control Code. These can be found on the serial plate on the inside of the side panel
- The Installation & Service Manual is located on the inside of the unit and is accessible by removing the side panel.
Does the Hot Dawg® vent to the outside of the garage? See Answer
Yes, it is supplied with a factory-installed venting system that allows for either vertical venting through the roof or horizontal venting through a sidewall. Venting components must be purchased separately and installation should be performed by a licensed contractor.
What venting parts are needed? See Answer
Vent pipe, wall thimble, vent cap, and flue adapter. Residential applications using heaters HD30-HD75 will also need to purchase a 3" to 4" increaser. See the table of Hot Dawg® venting components.
What size gas connection does the Hot Dawg® have? See Answer
How is the Hot Dawg® mounted in a garage? See Answer
Angled hanging brackets designed for 3/8" bolts, lag screws, or rods are included with 30,000-75,000 BTU models. This allows a snug-to-ceiling installation with 1" clearance, or the unit can be suspended with threaded rods. 100,000-125,000 BTU models do not include mounting brackets. These units can be mounted with 3/8" threaded rod or 3/8" eye bolts and chain.
Can the unit be flipped to allow left-or-right hand access to the controls? See Answer
Yes, the 30,000-75,000 BTU units can be flipped. The 100,000-125,000 units cannot be flipped.
Can the louvers be moved? See Answer
Yes, the louvers are fully adjustable to direct heat where it is needed.
Is the Hot Dawg® Heater covered by a warranty? See Answer
Yes, the residential warranty is 2 years on materials and workmanship on all parts except the heat exchanger, which is ten years on materials and workmanship. Labor related to the installation and/or repair is not covered. See Documents & Resources Tab for full warranty details.
Can the Hot Dawg® operate at high altitudes? See Answer
Yes, a high altitude kit is required for elevations above 2,000 ft. Please specify your exact altitude in the box provided during checkout if you require this kit. This kit typically ships along with the heater. We will notify you if it will ship separately.
What is the difference between the Hot Dawg HD heater (#20855) and the Hot Dawg HDS heater (#20840)? See Answer
While there are a few differences in both heaters, the main difference is how they are vented. The Modine Hot Dawg Heater - Model HD is a power-exhausted gas-fired unit, whereas the Modine Hot Dawg Heater - Model HDS is separated combustion gas-fired unit.
The Hot Dawg Heater - Model HDS has the same features as the Model HD, with these added benefits:
- Draws combustion air from outside the workspace, ensuring the unit always has plenty of fresh, clean air to breathe.
- The fresh air supply reduces common concerns about dusty, dirty or humid applications, providing greater durability and reduced maintenance.
- The Model HDS is factory assembled, certified separated combustion saves installation time
Will the Hot Dawg Trim kit work on the HDS Models? See Answer
Yes, these trim kits will work on both Model HD and Model HDS. Please make sure to order the size that corresponds to your BTU configuration. (For example, Trim Kit for HD30 & HD45 is designed for 30,000 BTU and 45,000 BTU models.)
Write Your Own Review
Customers Also Bought
Customers Also Viewed