All installation and service of these units should be performed by a qualified installation and service agency, including the use of Modine's installation and service manuals, which are specifically intended for use by a qualified installation and service agency.
If you are purchasing a heater unit that will be installed at an elevation above 2,000 ft., please denote on the order. Modine has changed the process in how they deal with heaters installed at elevations above 2,000'. Modine no longer provides gas orifices to make the adjustment; instead, an adjustment is now made on the unit. For additional information, please see the document titled "High Altitude Kit Instructions" under the Manuals & Resources Tab.
The Installation & Service Manual is located on the inside of the side panel.
NOTE: 100,000–125,000 BTU models do not include mounting brackets. These units feature 4 top threaded holes for mounting with 3/8" threaded rod or 3/8" eye bolts and chain.
The HDS Separated Combustion Model is Designed for Environments Where Dirt, Dust, Humidity, Fumes or Contaminants May Be Present.
If you're looking for a garage heater or a shop heater, Modine Hot Dawg® Heaters offer convenience and quality at a great price.
Features & Advantages:
- 80% thermal efficiency
- Quiet operation
- Choose from Natural Gas or Propane
- Direct spark ignition
- Low-profile design
- Certified for residential, commercial and industrial use
- Standard power exhaust simplifies side-wall or roof venting
- Versatile design allows for right- or left-hand controls and installation — gas, electrical and flue connections can be changed from one side to the other by simply flipping the Hot Dawg® over (30,000–75,000 BTU units only)
- Permanently-lubricated motor for trouble-free dependability
- Full 10-year warranty on heat exchanger
- 3" Vent (models 30,000 – 45,000 BTU)
- 4" Vent (models 60,000 – 125,000 BTU)
- CSA Certified
- Made in the USA
Additional Features of the HDS Model:
- Designed for environments where dirt, dust, humidity, fumes or other contaminants may be present
- The separated combustion Hot Dawg® draws its combustion air from outside the work space, ensuring the unit always has plenty of fresh, clean air to breathe
- The fresh-air supply reduces common concerns about dusty, dirty or humid applications, providing greater durability and reduced maintenance
- Drawing combustion air from the outside increases overall heating efficiency
- External gas connections
- Greater CFMs than the standard Hot Dawg® model (QC #20855)
- All HDS models ship ready-to-go
Unit Model # BTU (Input) BTU (Output) NG/LP Heat Exchanger Application Dimensions
L x W x H
Weight HDS30A HDS30AS0121 30,000 24,000 Propane Aluminized 1 - 1 1/2 Car Garage 26.8" x 22" x
68 lbs. (UPS Shippable) HDS30A HDS30AS0111 30,000 24,000 Natural Gas Aluminized 1 - 1 1/2 Car Garage 26.8" x 22" x
68 lbs. (UPS Shippable) HDS45A HDS45AS0121 45,000 36,000 Propane Aluminized 2 - 2 1/2 Car Garage 26.8" x 22" x
78 lbs. (UPS Shippable) HDS45A HDS45AS0111 45,000 36,000 Natural Gas Aluminized 2 - 2 1/2 Car Garage 26.8" x 22" x
78 lbs. (UPS Shippable) HDS60A HDS60AS0121 60,000 48,000 Propane Aluminized 3 - 3 1/2 Car Garage 26.8" x 25" x
85 lbs. (UPS Shippable) HDS60A HDS60AS0111 60,000 48,000 Natural Gas Aluminized 3 - 3 1/2 Car Garage 26.8" x 25" x
85 lbs. (UPS Shippable) HDS75A HDS75AS0121 75,000 60,000 Propane Aluminized Shop-Large Garage 26.8" x 25" x
91 lbs. (Freight Only)** HDS75A HDS75AS0111 75,000 60,000 Natural Gas Aluminized Shop-Large Garage 26.8" x 25" x
91 lbs. (Freight Only)** HDS100A HDS100AS0121 100,000 80,000 Propane Aluminized Shop-Large Garage 35.5" x 31" x
125 lbs. (Freight Only) HDS100A HDS100AS0111 100,000 80,000 Natural Gas Aluminized Shop-Large Garage 35.5" x 31" x
125 lbs. (Freight Only) HDS125A HDS125AS0121 125,000 100,000 Propane Aluminized Shop-Large Garage 35.5" x 31" x
125 lbs. (Freight Only) HDS125A HDS125AS0111 125,000 100,000 Natural Gas Aluminized Shop-Large Garage 35.5" x 31" x
125 lbs. (Freight Only)
**HDS75 units can ship via parcel to certain states, however, we recommend shipping this unit via Motor Freight. Call for details.**
Unit CFM Air Temp Rise Mounting Height (Max ft.) Heat Throw (ft.) Amps Vent Size (in.) HDS30A 505 44° 10' 25' 3.7 3" HDS30A 505 44° 10' 25' 3.7 3" HDS45A 720 46° 10' 27' 3.7 3" HDS45A 720 46° 10' 27' 3.7 3" HDS60A 990 45° 12' 36' 2.5 4" HDS60A 990 45° 12' 36' 2.5 4" HDS75A 1,160 48° 14' 38' 2.5 4" HDS75A 1,160 48° 14' 38' 2.5 4" HDS100A 1,490 50° 12' 42' 4.7 4" HDS100A 1,490 50° 12' 42' 4.7 4" HDS125A 1,980 47° 16' 56' 4.2 4" HDS125A 1,980 47° 16' 56' 4.2 4"
Commonly Asked Questions:
Q: Does the Hot Dawg® vent to the outside of the garage?
A: Yes, it is supplied with a factory-installed venting system that allows for either vertical venting through the roof or horizontal venting through a side wall. Venting components must be purchased separately and installation should be performed by a licensed contractor.
Q: What size gas connection does the Hot Dawg® have?
Q: How is the Hot Dawg® mounted in a garage?
A: Angled hanging brackets designed for 3/8" bolts, lag screws, or rods are included with 30,000–75,000 BTU models. This allows a snug-to-ceiling installation with 1" clearance, or the unit can be suspended with threaded rods. 100,000–125,000 BTU models do not include mounting brackets. These units can be mounted with 3/8" threaded rod or 3/8" eye bolts and chain.
Q: Can the unit be flipped to allow left-or-right hand access to the controls?
A: Yes, the 30,000–75,000 BTU units can be flipped. The 100,000–125,000 units cannot be flipped.
Q: Can the louvers be moved?
A: Yes, the louvers are fully adjustable to direct heat where it is needed.
Q: Is the Hot Dawg® Heater covered by a warranty?
A: Yes, the residential warranty is 2 years on materials and workmanship on all parts except the heat exchanger, which is ten years on materials and workmanship. Labor related to the installation and/or repair is not covered. See Manuals & Resources Tab for full warranty details.
Q: Can the Hot Dawg® operate at high altitudes?
A: Yes, a high altitude kit is required for elevations above 2,000 ft. Please specify your exact altitude in the box provided during checkout if you require this kit. This kit typically ships along with the heater. We will notify you if it will ship separately.
All installation and service of these Modine Hot Dawg® garage and shop heaters should be performed by a qualified installation and service agency.
When ordering parts for Modine Hot Dawg® Heaters please have the following ready: Model number, serial number, power code number and control code (these can be found on the serial plate on the side of the unit).
The Installation & Service Manual is located on the inside of the unit and is accessible by removing the side panel.
Brand Modine Manufacturer Part Number HDS
The heater is really great and heats my 48'X50' shop in just a half hour. Don't know why I waited so long to put a heater in my shop. It is just wonderful to be comfortable while working.
- So happy!
This is the best investment we have ever made for our workshop. It works great and at a third of the price we had been quoted by our local plumbing and heating guy installed.
- Manuals & Resources
- Modine Hot Dawg® Heater Brochure
- Modine Heater Maintenance Checklist
- Modine Hot Dawg® Model HDS Installation & Service Manual
- Modine Hot Dawg® Residential Owner's Manual
- Concentric Vent Kit Installation Instructions
- Modine Hot Dawg® Model HDS Benefits Outline
- Modine Hot Dawg® Model HDS Spec Sheet
- Modine Hot Dawg® Wiring Diagram
- Modine Hot Dawg® Heater Sound Pressure Data
- Modine Hot Dawg® Heater High Altitude Kit Instructions
- Modine Warranty Information
You might also like:
Price From: $582.81 - $910.72
Price From: $967.34 - $1,822.13
Price From: $1,297.60 - $3,705.22