Plasson® Breeder Drinkers operate on low water pressure, are self-cleaning, keep litter dry and easily distribute medication. They have an independent ballast bottle and valve mechanism, so fresh water is always available. The valve is activated when as little as 2 oz. of of water is consumed. They are made of a rugged high-impact plastic, formulated to withstand the ravages of the active breeder house for many years.
Approximately 10-12 Plasson® Breeder Drinkers are needed per 1,000 breeders, turkeys and game birds; 8-10 drinkers will serve 1,000 layers; in hot climates, 12-14 drinkers are needed per 1,000 birds. This drinker comes with 10' of hose and barbs; a full line of parts are available.
Instructions for Use:
- Fill ballast bottle 1/2 to 3/4 full of water and antifreeze. This will help prevent freezing during cold weather.
- Screw the bottle hanger onto the ballast bottle.
- Place bell over the hanger with the hanger coming through the two side holes on the bell.
- Screw mechanism assembly into center of bell.
- Hook bottle hanger onto the tabs of the mechanism assembly.
- Screw one of the unions onto the mechanism cap.
- Attach hose to union.
- The white piece on the mechanism assembly that was screwed into the bell (Step 4) is called the water level adjuster. Once the water reaches the desired level, tighten the black locking collars to keep this level from changing.
|Manufacturer Part Number||2100000|
|Animal||Poultry & Gamebird|
This product is wonderful for fresh water. BUT IT MUST HAVE EITHER A PRESSURE REGULATOR OR GRAVITY FLOW. Wrestled with it for days before we hooked it up gravity flow and haven't had an issue since.
Excellent product. Right out of box useable. half fill ballast, hang and adjust water level; ready for chicks. These are a commercial drinkers offered to the general public by QC Supply which is superb.
Desde que lo adquirí, no me preocupa que las gallinas se queden sin agua. El detalle principal es garantizar una baja presión de agua (entre 6 y 8 PSI) empleando un reductor de presión para sistemas de riego.
I installed 4 of these on a trial basis. I have used various types of waterers including nipples. These are the best so far. I do like the fact that nipples do not require cleaning but because I have a centrally located tank that is piped to different heights I am not able to supply all at the 1PSI required for nipples. I can however provide the range of 5-8 PSI required for these waterers. They are much easier to clean than the traditional waterers and they keep a consistent water level in the trough. I give 5 stars because this is a quality product even though I would use nipple waterers if it were feasible for me to do so. Both are excellent products.
good quality waterer
Useful for speeding up watering chores, but need to keep water relatively clean or else make sure the tubing is not getting plugged up
Nice Waterer - Instructions Lacking
Works great but the instructions are a lacking. For example you use a 9/32 bit for making the hole in the bucket for the water line and work it around a bit and you should have the correct size non-leaking hole.