ZYMOX® Equine Defense® Enzymatic Spray
ZYMOX® Equine Defense® Enzymatic Spray is recommended for the care and management of problematic skin conditions and wounds. Contains the potent LP3 Enzyme System with a gentle, non-toxic water-based formula to help skin heal without irritating harsh astringents, alcohols or chemicals.
- Aids in the care and management of wounds and superficial infections with the patented LP3 Enzyme System
- Gentle, non-toxic water-based formulation
- 8 oz. spray for all over protection
- Made in the USA
About The LP3 Enzyme System:
- Each enzyme has it's own unique properties and when combined, pack a powerful antimicrobial punch.
- These enzymes are found naturally in milk and are 100% safe and gentle.
- For years it has been known that milk has a natural ability to kill bacteria, viruses and yeast.
- Only recently have the protein and enzyme system responsible been identified and reproduced.
- The three most effective are Lactoperoxidase, Lysozyme and Lactoferrin.
- Lactoferrin: An iron binding protein found in milk and other mammalian secretions inhibits growth and destroys microorganisms by depriving them of iron.
- Lysozyme: An enzyme that effectively kills bacteria by disrupting and splitting the formation of the cell wall
- Lactoperoxidase: A known milk peroxidase which when combined with hydrogen peroxide, thiocyanate or iodide produces hypoiodite ions or hypothiocyanate ions. These ions inhibit microorganisms by oxidizing their metabolic pathways