Vanberg Rust Converter - 1 Gal.
Prevent rusting and further corrosion on metal surfaces with Vanberg Rust Converter. When applied, this protective compound chemically converts rust into a stable black compound. It will also oxidize other corrosion and scale. A clear layer then forms over the converted rust and serves as a stand-along coating. This coating may be can be covered with VSC Seam Tape, QC Part #470264 or coated with Vanberg AMC-100™ Metal Coating - 1 Gal. Kit, QC Part 470257 or Vanberg EM-15™ Metal Coating - 1 Gal. Kit, QC Part #470260
Applications: Metal roofs, ceilings and walls on livestock, plant, institutional and farm buildings. It is also effective on equipment, boats, tools and virtually any metal structure.
Typical Coverage: Variable — typically up to 500 sq. ft. per gallon
Application: Brush, roller or spray (conventional paint sprayer)
- Preparation — remove all debris and loose rust flakes with a wire brush or plastic wheel brush on a drill
- Mixing — shake well
- Application — uniformly apply by brushing, spraying or rolling product evenly over rusted surface
- Drying — allow to dry completely (1–2 hours). A clear, hard finish will form and rust will turn black. If any rust is still present, an additional application my be required
Four Steps to Successful Metal Coatings:
- Remove loose rust.
- Apply VCS Rust Converter; available in 3 sizes: 1 Quart, QC Part #470261, 20 oz. Spray, QC Part #470262 and 1 Gal. QC Part #470263.
- Repair with VCS Seam Tape, QC Part #470264.
- Coat with AMC-100™ Metal Coating; available in 2 sizes: 1 Gal., QC Part #470255 and 5 Gal., QC Part #470256.
Available in 3 Sizes:
- Vanberg Seam Tape$28.35