STIHL® MS 271 Wood Boss® Chainsaw
The STIHL® MS 271 Wood Boss® Chain Saw is loaded with features and technology. It has a highly efficient engine delivering 20% longer run times between refuelings – while cutting exhaust emissions in half. This chainsaw also has a pre-separation air filtration system that’s so effective, the air filter can last up to five times longer. All this has been engineered into one compact, ergonomic design.
- Displacement: 50.2 cc (3.06 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.6 kW (3.49 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 12.3 lbs.
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 16"-20" (18" standard)
- Fuel Capacity: 500 cc (16.9 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 240 cc (8.12 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: 26 RM3
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL® Inc. “Caring for Nature” (see image above) seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL® Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL® Quickstop® Chain Brake System: Equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. Designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, it can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL® has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. This system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: Designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. It uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, this system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Winter/Summer Shutter: Allows the carburetor to operate at optimum temperature year-round and helps to prevent carburetor icing when working below 50°F (10°C).
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: When used with STIHL® OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: Makes it more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Master Control Lever™: Easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- STIHL® OILOMATIC® Saw Chain is made by STIHL®.
- Bumper Spikes help prevent pull-in and provide better control, making cutting easier
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contain a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks
- Front Hand Guard is designed to reduce the risk of injury
- Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and ergonomically angled for comfort
- Protected Spark Plug is protected, yet easy to change
- Large Starting Handle is easy to grip
- Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement
- Rear Hand Guard reduces the risk of injury as well as provides a wide area for foot placement during starting
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant
- Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running
- Replaceable "In Tank" Fuel and Oil Filters lower cost and are easy to maintain
- Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler lets operator concentrate on cutting, not on bar lubrication
- Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail
- Throttle Trigger Lockout must be depressed before the trigger can be activated