STIHL's® MS 201 T Chainsaw is called the ultimate arborist saw for good reason. It is powered by scavenging engine technology, so fuel consumption is reduced by 20% over former models, allowing you to cut more before refueling. In addition, this saw comes standard with the STIHL® PICCO™ SUPER 3 saw chain for improved cutting and boring efficiency, as well as longer cutting life. When you live in the treetops, your chain saw is your livelihood. The MS 201 T gives you the features you need, when you need them the most. For in-tree professionals only.
- Displacement: 35.2 cc (2.14 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.8 kW (2.41 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 8.16 lbs.
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 12"-16" (14" standard)
- Fuel Capacity: 310 cc (10.5 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 220 cc (7.4 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: 63 PS3
- STIHL® Quickstop® Chain Brake: STIHL® Chain Saws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. Designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, it can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL® has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. This system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- STIHL® ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL®. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber to reduce effort when pulling the starter cord. It noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: Designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL® OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Master Control Lever™: An easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Adjustable Automatic Oiler: Allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
- STIHL® OILOMATIC® Saw Chain - STIHL® makes its own saw chain
- Bumper Spikes help prevent pull-in and provide better control, making cutting easier
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contain a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks
- Front Hand Guard is designed to reduce the risk of injury
- Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and ergonomically angled for comfort
- Protected Spark Plug is protected, yet easy to change
- Large Starting Handle is easy to grip
- Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement
- Rear Hand Guard reduces the risk of injury as well as provides a wide area for foot placement during starting
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant
- Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work
- Anti-Vibration System helps reduce operator fatigue
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running
- Replaceable "In Tank" fuel and oil filters lower cost and are easy to maintain
- Inboard chain brake requires less maintenance and makes saw chain sprocket easier to remove
- Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler lets operator concentrate on cutting, not on bar lubrication
- Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail
|Manufacturer Part Number||MS 201 T|
Manuals & ResourcesTop
You might also like:
QC Part #: 351425