Spirovac® VL5 (Zoetis)
Spirovac® VL5 is for vaccination of healthy cattle, including pregnant cows and heifers, over four weeks of age, as an aid in preventing disease caused by Campylobacter fetus and Leptospira (L. canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. icterohaemorrhagiae and L. pomona, including L. borgpetersenii serovar hardjo type hardjo-bovis).
In addition, it is especially recommended to prevent establishment of L. hardjo in the kidney, and thus shedding in the urine, for at least 12 months. Spirovac® VL5 also prevents the establishment of L. hardjo in the genital tract and aids in preventing infection of the fetus.
- Spirovac® VL5 provides 12-month duration of immunity (DOI) against hardjo-bovis urinary shedding, which means less time and labor required, increasing peace of mind.
- Spirovac® VL5 helps provide strong placental and fetal protection, helping prevent long term maintenance host infections and fetal infections.
- Spirovac® VL5 is safe for use in pregnant cows, making it easy to implement whole-herd protection.
Initial vaccination, give 2 doses SQ, 4 to 6 weeks apart. Annual revaccination with 1 dose SQ.
- Store away from light at 2° - 7°C. Do Not Freeze.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.