Farm Alarm™ Monitoring System 4.0
Call our knowledgeable staff today at 800/433/6340 for more information.
The Farm Alarm™ Monitoring System 4.0 was designed specifically to help protect your poultry barn from mortality loss. This system has wireless connections between buildings to simplify installation.
A Complete Solution
Any change in condition causes and "event"; this could be anything from a loss of AC power, the water pressure switch closing or opening, a low battery, etc. The Farm Alarm™ system will notify up to eight people by telephone when an event occurs. This system will monitor things like temperature (in two zones), water pressure, power to the building, generator status, feed system status, feed level (requires optional sensor), and the status of a security system if one is in place.
The Farm Alarm™ system is shipped with a standard set of event programmed into it, but the user can easily change what events cause a phone call to be placed or an alarm to sound. The user can even redefine an event to create one or more of their own. The possibilities are near endless.
If the event has been programmed to sound an alarm, it will sound a beeper at the Farm Alarm™ and flash a light on the front panel.The light identifies which of the monitored conditions is causing the alarm. It can also activate an optional horn, usually located outside of the building. If the event has been programmed to do so, it will place a phone call to as many as eight different telephone numbers and announce the condition in plain English. Every unit will flash the Remote Alarm light on the front panel and will beep the internal beeper if any of the other units are in alarm. In addition, the Master will also sound the optional external horn when any unit in in alarm.
In a typical installation, Farm Alarm™ is connected to the incoming telephone line or to a cell phone to make and receive phone calls. This unit is referred to as the Master and is usually located in the building (or house) #1. Other Farm Alarms™ in other buildings, Slaves, are connected to the Master by a long range and very reliable radio link. This enables the system to monitor conditions in remote buildings with without the expense of running special wiring to the remote buildings.
A system consists of a Farm Alarm™ unit, a radio module, a water pressure sensor and a temperature sensor (a second temperature sensor may also be added). Every building to be monitored has this minimum set of equipment.
Your Farm Alarm™ Can Monitor:
- Power (both legs of 220V)
- Ventilation Controller
- Feed over run
- Generator (start/stop)
- Customized settings by the owner
Unit Package Includes:
- Master Unit (main) or Slave Unit (secondary, for additional houses)
- Power Cord
-  Temperature Sensor
- Water Sensor
- Surge Protection (built-in)
- External Enclosed Radio (communicate with other radios if more than 1 poultry house)
Additional Options (Call for details and availability):
- External horn/siren
- Additional temperature sensors
- Feed monitor sensor
- Generator on/off monitor
- Remote buzzer (wireless) that will alarm in a home or a building within 1,500' of the farm, even when all phone service is down
You can customize Farm Alarm™ to react in several ways to a variety of conditions that you want monitored. You tell it what you want it to do when something happens, and you also tell it what to do when that something is no longer happening.You are not restricted to a fixed set of actions that the device will perform, as in most alarm systems.
The only thing you need to do to get the Farm Alarm™ up and running is to enter the phone numbers you want it to call, and set the high and low limits for your temperature sensors. All the other things the system can monitor and the actions it will take have been pre-programmed for you at the factory. The important thing is you can change any of these to suit your special needs if they are different from the default actions.
Settings Pre-Programmed at the Factory:
- Power Failure: After 30 seconds, calls you and sounds alarm at the building
- Power Restored: After 30 seconds, calls you, no alarm
- Low Battery: After 15 seconds, calls you, no alarm
- Battery Restored: After 5 minutes, no call, no alarm
- Radio System Problem: After 5 seconds, calls you, sounds alarm
- Radio System Restored: After 10 seconds, calls you, no alarm
- Temperature Zone #1 Low: After 5 seconds, calls you, sounds alarm (default setting is 50° F)
- Temperature Zone #1 High: After 5 seconds, calls you, sounds alarm (default setting is 90° F)
- Temperature Zone #1 Normal: After 5 seconds, calls you, no alarm
- Temperature Zone #2 Low: After 5 seconds, no call, no alarm, disabled (default setting is 50° F)
- Temperature Zone #2 High: After 5 seconds, no call, no alarm, disabled (default setting is 90° F)
- Temperature Zone #2 Normal: After 5 seconds, no call, no alarm, disabled
- Analog Channel Low: After 5 seconds, no call, no alarm, disabled (default setting is 20%)
- Analog Channel High: After 5 seconds, no call, no alarm, disabled (default setting is 80%)
- Analog Channel Normal: After 5 seconds, no call, no alarm, disabled
Simple Secure Commands
You use the keypad on the phone to enter a sequence of digits that are interpreted by the Farm Alarm™ as a command, and it responds to that command with a voice message for you to verify it did what was wanted. You can instruct it to only allow set-up commands (commands which change the way the Farm Alarm™ behaves) only after a security password has been entered.