Bovi-Shield® Gold FP® 5 L5 (Zoetis)
Bovi-Shield® Gold FP® 5 L5 is a freeze-dried preparation of modified live virus (MLV) strains of IBR, BVD (Types 1 and 2), PI3, and BRSV viruses, plus a liquid bacterin containing the 5 Leptospira serovars identified above. The liquid bacterin is used to rehydrate the freeze dried vaccine.
- General Directions: Vaccination of healthy cattle is recommended. Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the liquid bacterin provided (Leptoferm-5®+A), shake well, and administer 2 mL intramuscularly. In accordance with Beef Quality Assurance guidelines, this product should be administered in the muscular region of the neck.
- Primary Vaccination: Administer a single 2-mL dose to all breeding cows and heifers approximately 1 month prior to breeding or being added to the herd
- Revaccination: Annual revaccination with a single dose of Bovi-Shield® Gold FP® 5 L5 is recommended
- Store at 2°–7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
- Do not sterilize needles and syringes with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
- Contains gentamicin as preservative.
- Do not use in pregnant cows (abortions can result) unless they were vaccinated, according to label directions, with any Bovi-Shield GOLD FP or PregGuard GOLD FP vaccine within the past 12 months