Using Chemical Injectors on your Operation
We are entering a new era of agriculture. Regulations are increasing and consumers are becoming more vocal on how they expect farmers to raise their food. They are concerned about antibiotic resistance, hormones in their meat, and even pesticide drift. These concerns are requiring farmers to make changes to their operations.
These concerns and regulations are requiring massive changes to protocols. Farmers need to be more precise on how and when medications are used and how disease is controlled. This kind of change can be difficult. It requires ingenuity and rethinking of old practices. But what is a farmer if not resilient? While you may not love all the changes, there are tools to make this transition as easy as possible.
One of those tools is a chemical injector. While a chemical injector is not a new tool, it’s precision and functionality can help ensure regulatory compliance, proper practices, and can save you time and money.
If you are shopping for an injector for your operation, you will need to know what to look for. Let’s check out some features to consider before you purchase.
Injector Features to Consider
When looking to purchase an injector or dispenser we recommend you seek out one with the characteristics on this list, which was adapted from Hydro Systems, the company that manufactures and sells Chemilizer™ Injectors.
- Accurate dosing: Look for an injector that can accurately dilute and dispense the desired products. This will eliminate waste and ensure proper dosing.
- Reliability: The injector should be designed and constructed to withstand the harsh environment of the agriculture industry and that will continue to work, season after season.
- Proper water pressure and flow rates: The wrong water pressure and flow can fail to properly dilute the product. Look for a dispenser that is pressure regulated to eliminate over or under dilution.
- Desired injection ratios and percentages: Ensure that your injector can properly dilute the chemical to the correct ratios. You want to eliminate chances of over medicating or using too little chemical.
- Installation and maintenance: Look for an injector with a simple and quick installation process. It should also require minimal maintenance to reduce downtime.
If you are in the market for an injector, we recommend the industry-leading brand, Chemilizer ™ Injectors. Chemilizer™ Injectors are water driven systems that deliver precise amounts of chemical concentrates, livestock medications, or fertilizer to water sources.
Uses in Swine & Poultry
Water powered injectors, like Chemilizer™ Injectors, are perfect for swine and poultry operations. These farms have the infrastructure in place to use the injectors effectively in their watering systems. You install them directly into a waterline and they will dispense the precise amount of the desired chemical directly into the water. They are water powered, so there is no reliance on an electrical system for use.
Here are the major uses of Chemilizer™ Injectors for swine and poultry:
- Dispensing Vaccines: The injector will dilute and deliver vaccines through the drinking system. It is accurate enough to safely vaccinate young animals and rugged enough to withstand the harsh conditions of the barn.
- Dispensing Medication: With the regulatory changes to how animals are medicated, accuracy is critical. The Chemilizer™ Injector can dispense medication, vitamins, and electrolytes through the drinking water to ensure that your animals are kept healthy and disease is kept under control.
- Water Hygiene: Swine and poultry need plenty of clean, hygienic water to grow properly. If their water lines are not cleaned and sanitized, harmful microorganisms can grow and attract bacteria. In order to prevent disease outbreaks, use Chemilizer™ Injectors to sanitize water lines.
- Fertigation: Chemilizer™ Injectors dilute fertilizers into the irrigation systems to ensure strong, healthy plants. The accuracy in the dilution process is critical when fertilizing young plants as it ensures proper growth.
- Spray Blooms: Like with fertilization, maintaining beautiful blooms in your greenhouse requires accuracy. Chemilizer™ Injectors can dispense the appropriate nutrients throughout the growing process. Nutrient rich water is the key to successful blooms.
- Post-Harvest: Chemilizer™ Injectors mix and dispense chemicals into the irrigation system to prevent fungus and rot on harvested products. This will limit plant loss, resulting in more profitability for your operation.
- Chemilizer™ HN55 Fixed Ratio Injector: This injector is an industry leader and utilizes proven diaphragm technology. When hooked into a watering or irrigation system, it uses the water supply to power an internal pump to inject the precise amount of chemical. The injector runs off water flow and will work with flows as low as 1 gallon per hour to 780 gallons per hour.
- Chemilizer™ CP33 Adjustable Liquid Injector: This injector carries the same benefits as the HN55 with some additional features. It has the ability to dynamically adjust the chemical injection volume. This is beneficial when disinfecting drinking water, chlorinating, or fertilizing crops post rainfall. It also has an easy to read Control Panel to show injection ratios and make quick adjustments. It works with a flow from as low as 12 gallons per minute to 200 gallons per minute.
Uses in Greenhouses
Uses for Chemilizer ™ Injectors are not limited to the livestock industry. They have varied uses in greenhouse operations as well. They are installed directly into the irrigation systems to ensure the proper chemicals reach your plants at the appropriate times, resulting in better plants and more profit for your greenhouse.
Here are the major uses for Chemilizer™ Injectors in Greenhouses:
Check out Chemilizer™ Injectors
At QC Supply we carry the HN55 and the CP33 Chemilizer™ Injectors, as well as a complete line of repair parts. Check them out on our website. If you have questions or need advice on the best product, reach out to one of our experts at 1-888-433-5275.Let us know in the comments how you like your Chemilizer™ Injectors.