Fly and Insect Control in Your Livestock Operation
SWINE • CATTLE • POULTRY
Simply put.... Livestock operations will attact flies and other unwanted pests. Flies and other insects can cause disease in your animals and cost you money. Starbar Insect Control has a solid reputation for offering a product lineup that will help you get rid of the insect problems in your cattle, swine and poultry operations. Controlling nuisance insects can be difficult without the right products and pest management solution in place. This solution should include thorough sanitation, exclusion and monitoring to hold down fly populations around your livestock.
SWINE - In additon to nuisance flies, mosquitoes can cause irritating bites that can lead to loss of profitability. Swine that are allergic to the bites can experience swelling that damages hides and negatively affects production. Including mosqito larvicide in your pest control program can be highly effective.
- ECONOMICAL CONTROL: Starbar® fly traps can be used to measure and document the progress of fly management programs as well as help keep the fly populations under control. Starbar® sticky traps and jug traps are ideal for controlling flies in all areas of your swine operation.
- HIDE VALUE LOSS: Diluted and used as a spray, Prolate/Lintox-HD™ Insecticidal Spray and Backrubber provides an effective treatment of lice or sarcoptic mange infestations on swine.
CATTLE - Nuisance flies can spead disease and add stress to your cattle operation. These things can influence weight gain, alter output and affect profitability.
- QUICK KNOCKDOWN: QuikStrike® Fly Bait and Golden Marlin® Fly Bait will draw flies in and start killing them immediately after ingestion. These can be used and rotated to help prevent fly resistance.
- PERIMETER CONTROL: Starbar® fly traps can be used for areas close to residences and offices on the cattle operation. The jug traps are exceptionally durable and can be used for outside areas.
POULTRY - Layered poultry operations experience year round fly problems because of the enclosed envioronments and the waste material that is produced. Fly populations must be managed to avoid health concerns usch as Salmonella enteritidis.
- MONITORING: Starbar® fly traps can be used to measure and document the progress of fly management programs as well as help keep the fly populations under control. Starbar® sticky traps and jug traps are ideal for poultry operations.
- ROTATION: QuikStrike® Fly Bait and Golden Marlin® Fly Bait can be used in non-sensitive areas on poultry operations and rotated to help prevent fly resistance.