QC Supply News: Hurricane Irma Preparation
Hurricanes can take anyone and any town by surprise. This was made particularly clear last week, when Hurricane Harvey took the city of Houston, Texas by storm. Now, with Hurricane Irma developing into a Category 5 Hurricane off the east coast of the United States (which is projected to hit later this week), people should know how to prepare, just in case it's a powerful as experts believe it may be.
The National Hurricane Center suggests the following materials:
- Water: At least 1 gallon of water per person/animal per day for at least 3 days.
- Food: At least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food.
- Radio: A battery-powered radio with NOAA weather radio tone alert and extra batteries.
- Flashlight: Battery-Powered Flashlight and extra batteries as well.
- First Aid Kit
- Manual Can Ppener: If the electricity is out, you need a way to open canned food.
- Cellphone: Make sure you have extra battery packs or a solar charger to keep your phone on.
- Prescription Medications
- Important Family Documents: Make sure you have copies of insurance policies and some form of state issued ID.
- Sturdy shoes: Get out rain boots and sneakers.
- Pet Supplies: Your pets will need enough food and water to weather out the storm with you.
If you are one of the millions in the path of Hurricane Irma or have family or friends in the area, we have a selection of items here at QC Supply to assist with the preparation for this storm.