Bovi-Shield® Gold 5 - 5 Dose
Bovi-Shield GOLD 5 - 5 Dose is for the vaccination of healthy cattle as an aid in preventing infectious bovine rhinotracheitis caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus, bovine viral diarrhea caused by bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus Types 1 and 2, and disease caused by parainfluenza3 (PI3) virus and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV).
Bovi-Shield GOLD 5 - 5 Dose may be administered to pregnant cattle provided they were vaccinated, according to label directions, with any Bovi-Shield GOLD FP® or PregGuard® GOLD FP vaccine within the past 12 months. Bovi-Shield GOLD 5 may also be administered to calves nursing pregnant cows provided their dams were vaccinated within the past 12 months as described above.
Bovi-Shield GOLD 5 - 5 Dose is a freeze-dried preparation of modified live virus (MLV) strains of IBR, BVD (Types 1 and 2), PI3, and BRSV viruses, plus a sterile diluent used to rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine. Viral antigens are propagated on established cell lines. The only vaccine line approved as an aid in the prevention of IBR abortion and controls viremia.
- Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the sterile diluent provided
- Shake well and administer 2 mL subcutaneously or intramuscularly
- Revaccinate with Bovi-Shield® BRSV in 3-4 weeks
- Revaccinate annually
- Store at 2°–7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
- Do not sterilize needles and syringes with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
- Contains gentamicin as preservative.