TSV-2® (Zoetis) - 10 Dose
TSV-2® - 10 Dose is for vaccination of healthy cattle, including pregnant cows, as an aid in preventing infectious bovine rhinotracheitis caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus and disease caused by PI3 (parainfluenza3) virus. The vaccine is prepared by growing attenuated virus strains on a bovine cell line. The virus fractions are combined and stabilized by freeze-drying. A sterile diluent is supplied for rehydration.
TSV-2® - 10 Dose is unique in that the virus strains it contains are temperature specific. Tests have shown that they will not grow in vivo at or above 39°C, the normal bovine body temperature. This restricts viral replication to the nasal mucosa, which is constantly ventilated and maintained at temperatures less than 39°C, even in the febrile animal. At this localized site, the temperature-specific viruses replicate and stimulate local and systemic immunity. Because the temperature-specific strains cannot grow in the internal body organs or developing fetus, pregnant cows may be safely vaccinated.
- Intranasal (IN) administration results in rapid local immunity at the site of natural infection.
- Stimulates local and systemic immunity.
- Rapid onset of protection makes TSV-2 a quick-response tool in the face of a potential IBR outbreak in young cattle or when receiving long-haul, high-risk calves.
- Safe for use in pregnant cows.
- Single IN dose is 2mL, with annual revaccination.
2 mL intranasally, 1 mL in each nostril. Revaccinate calves at 6 months of age.
- Store at 2°- 7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
- Use entire contents when first opened.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
- Contains gentamicin as preservative.