Mas-D-Tec® Mastitis Detector
Mas-D-Tec® provides simple, convenient, electronic hand-held tool to detect mastitis in cows. Get the immediate detection you need on your modern dairy farm. Eliminate guesswork and fuss of chemical tests. It measures the milk to identify subclinical mastitis in each individual quarter or cow.
How does it work?
- Measures electrical conductivity in milk, identifying subclinical mastitis in individual quarters or cows. This allows you to act quickly, providing effective and economical control of mastitis in your dairy herd.
Simple To Use: The entire testing process is complete in just a few seconds per quarter.
- Squirt 2 mL milk sample (1-2 squirts) directly from teat into funnel-type opening at the top
- Mas-D-Tec® instantly measures and registers a reading on the 0-9 digital scale
- Readings 4 and under indicate normal quarters or cows; readings 5 and above indicate subclinical mastitis
- Milk samples are purged when the next sample is introduced
- No risk of cross contamination No need to clean between quarters or cows
- A simple rinse with clean water after each milking is all you need
- Mas-D-Tec's® hand-held design offers easy operation on the farm
- Tests several thousand samples before needing to change the 9-volt battery
- Features low battery warning and rugged, water-resistant case for long, dependable use in the milking parlor
- 9-volt battery
- O-ring grease
- Instruction manual
- One-year manufacturer warranty