A Must-Have for Poultry Farmers!
Made of high-impact plastic to withstand the rigors of daily use, the Plasson Adult Drinker provides a constant supply of fresh water for large adult turkeys, ducks or geese. The large lip design eliminates water spills, keeping the litter dry. The breeder operates on low water pressure. Designed to ensure a constant water level and a dry floor, its sensitive system is activated when a bird drinks as little as 2 oz. of water. The drinker may be looped in a series for brooding. Approximately 10-12 drinkers accommodate 1,000 adult turkeys; 12-14 drinkers per 1,000 turkeys in a warm climate. Includes a 10' hose and barbs. Additional parts are available.
Instructions for Use:
- Fill ballast bottle 1/2 to 3/4 full of water and antifreeze. This will help prevent freezing during cold weather.
- Screw the bottle hanger onto the ballast bottle.
- Place bell over the hanger with the hanger coming through the two side holes on the bell.
- Screw mechanism assembly into center of bell.
- Hook bottle hanger onto the tabs of the mechanism assembly.
- Screw one of the unions onto the mechanism cap.
- Attach hose to union.
- The white piece on the mechanism assembly that was screwed into the bell (Step 4) is called the water level adjuster. Once the water reaches the desired level, tighten the black locking collars to keep this level from changing.