Plasson® Adult Drinkers feature a large bell lip and heavy-duty spring designed specifically to accommodate large adult turkeys, ducks or geese. The lip design eliminates water spills, keeping litter dry.
Like other Plasson® Drinkers, this drinker has a ballast bottle which acts independently of the bell, eliminating wear on the valve mechanism and providing a constant flow of fresh water. This drinker works on low pressure; 6-8 psi for optimum efficiency. The Plasson® Adult Drinker is made of a rugged high-impact plastic, formulated to withstand the ravages of an active turkey house for years.
Approximately 10-12 drinkers are needed per 1,000 adult turkeys; 12-14 drinkers per 1,000 turkeys in a warm climate. This drinker comes with 10' of hose and barbs and a full line of parts are available.
Instructions for Use:
- Fill ballast bottle 1/2 to 3/4 full of water and antifreeze. This will help prevent freezing during cold weather.
- Screw the bottle hanger onto the ballast bottle.
- Place bell over the hanger with the hanger coming through the two side holes on the bell.
- Screw mechanism assembly into center of bell.
- Hook bottle hanger onto the tabs of the mechanism assembly.
- Screw one of the unions onto the mechanism cap.
- Attach hose to union.
- The white piece on the mechanism assembly that was screwed into the bell (Step 4) is called the water level adjuster. Once the water reaches the desired level, tighten the black locking collars to keep this level from changing.
|Manufacturer Part Number||21050WB|
|Animal||Poultry & Gamebird|
Through all other waters away. Bit the bullet and spend the money for this waterer.
Works great, get the proper hose adapters
The drinker works great. However, the 1/4" line does not match the 3/4" Garden Hose. I had read a review, before I ordered, about a needed coupling. I called customer service concerning this and they said I would not need the coupling but said I would need a $50.00 regulator. After receiving my order the regulator had 3/4" for a garden hose and the other side was a 3/8". I went to Lowes and had to buy the proper connectors to reduce down to the 1/4". After all that I could not get the regulator to work. I adjusted the regulator all the way in and all the way out and it would not allow the water to run through it. I removed the regulator from the system which meant another trip to Lowes for more couplings. The system works fine without the regulator. I also added a quick disconnect from the garden hose to be able to mow around the chicken coop. QC was great about taking back the regulator since it was something I was talked into purchasing.