Compost-A-Mat™ Creep Mat - 30" x 36"
- Buy 400 for $3.09 each and save 14%
Save time, labor, and help reduce scours with the Compost-A-Mat Creep Mat. Designed to be used for one farrowing (10–19 days), this disposable, biodegradable mat is made from at least 50% corn stalks and wood chips. Heated to more than 375° F to remove pathogens, this clean, fresh mat reduces swine disease transfer. Conveniently sized, this 30" x 36" mat provides laying room between two crates.
Lightweight and intended for one-time use, this mat eliminates the labor cost and time involved with moving, cleaning and storing traditional rubber creep mats. Used mats may be discarded to a composting pile. This mat can also be used as an excellent source of feedback material for your gilts and gestating sows.
- Less powerwashing time
- Promotes excellent hygiene
- Lightweight — only 2 lbs. each
- Excellent pig comfort
- One mat per two crates
Guides for Using Compost-A-Mat™
- Place one mat under pen divider and pull to back of crate
- Center the heat lamp over the mat
- Adjust heat lamp to keep mat at 90°F
- Ensure that sows or gilts cannot reach the mat or they could chew on it and decrease the life of the mat
- Place mats for gilts and P1's just prior to farrowing to prevent chewing
- Mats can be used alone or can be placed over the top of another mat, especially for scouring piglets
- Mats last 7–21 days
- Healthy pigs are more active and the mat will last approximately 7–10 days (a new mat is not necessary after that)
- Challenged Pigs may have mats that last up to 21 days as they are not as active
Disposal: After use, please dispose of properly.
- Used mats are an excellent source of feedback material when torn into small, hand-sized pieces and mixed into your feedback material
- Old, used mats are biodegradable and may be added to your compost pile
- Color: Green
- Size: 30" x 36"
- Weight: 2 lbs.
Mats can be ordered individually or by the pallet (400 pieces). When ordering a pallet, enter quantity in multiples of 400.