These biodegradable, lightweight mats are made from corn stalks and wood chips. They are designed to be used for one farrowing (10–19 days) and then discarded to a composting pile. These mats can also be used as an excellent source of feedback material for your gilts and gestating sows.
The Compost-A-Mat™ is made from at least 50% corn stalks that are heated to more than 375° F, providing a pig pathogen-free mat for your piglets to lie on. One mat is designed to provide laying room between two crates.
- Less powerwashing time
- Promotes excellent hygiene
- Lightweight — only 2 pounds each
- Excellent pig comfort
- One mat per two crates
Guides for Using Compost-A-Mat™
- Place one mat under pen divider and pull to back of crate
- Center the heat lamp over the mat
- Adjust heat lamp to keep mat at 90°F
- Ensure that sows or gilts cannot reach the mat or they could chew on it and decrease the life of the mat
- Place mats for gilts and P1's just prior to farrowing to prevent chewing
- Mats can be used alone or can be placed over the top of another mat, especially for scouring piglets
- Mats last 7–21 days
- Healthy pigs are more active and the mat will last approximately 7–10 days (a new mat is not necessary after that)
- Challenged Pigs may have mats that last up to 21 days as they are not as active
Disposal: After use, please dispose of properly.
- Used mats are an excellent source of feedback material when torn into small, hand-sized pieces and mixed into your feedback material
- Old, used mats are biodegradable and may be added to your compost pile
- Color: Green
- Size: 30" x 36"
- Weight: 2 lbs.
Mats can be ordered individually or by the pallet (400 pieces). When ordering a pallet, enter quantity in multiples of 400.
|Manufacturer Part Number||FM3036|
Manuals & ResourcesTop
We ordered last year during farrowing season and was very pleased with these. Ordered more for this years farrowing season.
These are great mats. Fit the crate nicely and absorb and radiate a little heat when under a lamp. Piglets like them and they are heartier than you might think. I'll never use anything else.
30" x 36" Compost-A-Mat™
Great product, Works well,Great price.
good product for use in a farrowing barn worth it
good product to use in a farrowing barn little piglets love it
Very good user friendly product
We use the mats for our elevated calf grates with newborn calves; they work great to give the calf stable footing and a warmer surface to lay on,at a reasonable cost.
You might also like:
$9.49 As low as: $8.59
QC Part #: 250193