Starbar® Fly Relief™ Disposable Fly Trap - Giant
- Buy 12 for $7.26 each and save 8%
The Fly Relief™ Disposable Fly Trap from Starbar® is insecticide free and easy to use, simply add water and hang. Excellent for use around pets, in the yard, kennels, stables and patios.
Available in 2 Sizes:
- #230315: Regular (holds 10,000 flies)
- #230316: Giant (holds 20,000 flies)
Directions for Use:
- Pull up trap top by tab until snapped into position.
- Tear along perforation below zipper. Remove twist tie and plug; then reseal pouch leaving disposal zipper bag inside.
- Tie hanger through hole in tab at top of trap. Hang the trap outside in a sunlit area of high fly concentration where flies are active and where odors will not be a problem. Be sure to twist hanging tie ends together several times and fold over so trap hangs securely. For maximum effectiveness, trap should be within four feet of the ground. In hot weather (above 85° F), the trap should be placed in a shaded area for optimal results. In cooler weather, place trap in a sunny location. NOTE: Trap is not recommended for indoor use or for use against biting flies.
- The water soluble attractant pouch is inside trap bag and must not be removed.
- Fill trap to "fill line" by pouring clean water through round hole in top of trap. Place plug in hole. NOTE: For best results, fill the trap while it is hanging. A small watering can is recommended to fill trap with water.
- Agitate lightly to disperse attractant. The pouches dissolve and activate in water
- Trap contents should be agitated at least twice weekly to thoroughly wet all trapped flies
- Add water as necessary to keep the fluid level 1/2 inch below the surface of trapped flies. Do not allow the trap to dry out
- Without adequate agitation, fly larvae (maggots) may appear as a layer of dry dead flies accumulates in the trap. If this should occur, add one teaspoon of liquid dish soap and enough water to wet all flies thoroughly. Maggots will drown in soapy water
- When trap is full of dead flies, open zipper pouch at bottom of trap. Remove disposal zipper bag. Place disposal zipper bag over fly trap from bottom up. Zip closed. Then, while holding the disposal zipper bag firmly by the top, cut or untwist the hanger tie. Place bag in trash receptacle. Dead flies in trap may give off bad odor so care should be taken to keep trap contents from coming in contact with hands or clothing