10 x 3 1/2 Deck Plus Screw - Dual Torq™ Drive - Ceramic Coated - 5 lb. Box
The Project Center 10 x 3 1/2 Deck Plus Screw in a 5 lb. box are for use with treated lumber.
- Dual Torq™ Drive
- 1,000 Hour Green Ceramic Coated
- Coarse Thread
- Sharp Point
- Flat Head with Nibs
- Driver Bit Size - #2 Phillips Square Bit
- 275 Pieces/Box
Weather Maxx™ Features:
- Provides superior rust and corrosion protection.
- Recommended for ACQ, CA, and CCA treated lumber.
- Also recommended for cedar and redwood construction.
- Provides multiple layers of zinc and polymer based coatings that ensure corrosion protection.
- Conforms with I.C.C.-E.S. reports that allow for use of triple coated zinc polymer fasteners in contact with treated wood.
- Exceeds 1,000 hour salt spray test under ASTM B117.
- Available in Dual-Torq™ and Star Drives.
Wood Working Tips - Understanding the Term "Extractive Bleeding": Cedar and Redwood contain high levels of water soluble tannins that help give the wood their natural decay resistant qualities. Tannins become active and bleed to the wood surface when the surface has been penetrated or if there has been a drastic change in weather conditions. This is called extractive bleeding. When this occurs, tannins can cause visible staining if they contact bare steel, galvanized steel, or finishes such as latex stains or paints at the wood surface where the bleeding originates. Extractive bleeding cannot be prevented or controlled. The use of Ceramic Coated Screws and Stainless Steel Deck Screws greatly reduces the risk of staining. These fasteners prevent extractive bleeding through the use of corrosion resistant materials and finishes.