Stop Rust in its Tracks with Vanberg Rust Converter.
It Vanberg Rust Converter chemically converts rust into an inert black coating that protects and prevents future rusting. A clear acrylic layer forms over the converted rust that can be covered with VSC Seam Tape or coated with AMC-100™ or EM-15™ Metal Coatings. The clear acrylic coating will also last as a stand-alone coating.
Applications: Metal roofs, ceilings and walls on livestock, plant, institutional and farm buildings. It is also effective on equipment, boats, tools and virtually any metal structure.
Typical Coverage: Variable — typically up to 500 sq. ft. per gallon
Application: Brush, roller or spray (conventional paint sprayer)
- Preparation — remove all debris and loose rust flakes with a wire brush or plastic wheel brush on a drill
- Mixing — shake well
- Application — uniformly apply by brushing, spraying or rolling product evenly over rusted surface
- Drying — allow to dry completely (1–2 hours). A clear, hard finish will form and rust will turn black. If any rust is still present, an additional application my be required
Four Steps to Successful Metal Coatings:
- Remove loose rust.
- Apply VCS Rust Converter (QC #470261, 470262, 470263).
- Repair with VCS Seam Tape (QC #470264).
- Coat with AMC-100™ Metal Coating.
Available in 3 Sizes:
- #470262 — 20 oz. Aerosol
- #470261 — 1 Quart
- #470263 — 1 Gallon