The popular STIHL® MS 290 FARM BOSS® Chain Saw is so popular because it has been engineered with well-thought-out features. It features an optimal power-to-weight ratio, so you’ll be ready for any job. It also features an anti-vibration system for enhanced user comfort for those long work days on the farm.
- Displacement: 56.5 cc (3.45 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.8 kW (3.8 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 13 lbs.
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 16"-20" (16" standard)
- Fuel Capacity: 560 cc (18.9 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 330 cc (11.2 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: .325" RM3
- STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake: STIHL® chain saws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. Designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, it can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL® has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. This system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: Designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. It uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, this system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: When used with STIHL® OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: Makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Master Control Lever™: Easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- STIHL® OILOMATIC® Saw Chain is made by STIHL®.
- Bumper Spikes help prevent pull-in and provide better control, making cutting easier
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contain a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks
- Front Hand Guard is designed to reduce the risk of injury
- Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and ergonomically angled for comfort
- Protected Spark Plug is protected, yet easy to change
- Large Starting Handle is easy to grip
- Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement
- Rear Hand Guard reduces the risk of injury as well as provides a wide area for foot placement during starting
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant
- Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running
- Replaceable "In Tank" Fuel and Oil Filters lower cost and are easy to maintain
- Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler lets operator concentrate on cutting, not on bar lubrication
- Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail
- Throttle Trigger Lockout must be depressed before the trigger can be activated
|Manufacturer Part Number||MS 290|