This low-emission, high fuel-efficiency STIHL® MS 261 Chainsaw was built for professional users and homeowners with large jobs around their property. The hardworking 261 has a STIHL® canister-style air filter element for filtering fine dust and well thought-out features like self-guiding captive bar nuts on the sprocket cover so they can’t get lost – all in a compact, space-saving, lightweight saw.
- Displacement: 50.2 cc (3.06 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.8 kW (3.75 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 11.6 lbs.
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 16"-20" (18" standard)
- Fuel Capacity: 500 cc (16.9 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 270 cc (9.13 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: 26 RM3
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL® Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal (see photo above) identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL® Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL® Quickstop® Chain Brake System: STIHL® Chain Saws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. This chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, it can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL® has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. This system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- STIHL® ElastoStart™ Starter Handle: Exclusive feature of STIHL®. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. It noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: Designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, it adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: When used with STIHL® OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: Makes it more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Master Control Lever™: Easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Adjustable Automatic Oiler: Allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
|Manufacturer Part Number||MS 261|