These SportDOG® Plastic Training Dummies help you teach your dog the scent they want to find in the field, but in a controlled training environment. Available in three colors - orange, black/white and white.
- Tough yet soft vinyl
- Feels like actual game
- Knobs help prevent hard mouth
- Great for scent training
- Valve for adjusting weight or firmness with air or water
- Size: 2" x 12"
- Material: Plastic
About Each Available Style/Color:
- White: A white training dummy is great for throwing against dark backgrounds.
- Black/White: The black/white training dummy stands out against any background.
- Hi-Vis Orange: A high-visibility orange training dummy is a favorite of upland hunters and is also great for throwing against all backgrounds.
Using Scents With Dummies:
- Using a scent on a training dummy helps you teach your dog the scent they want to find in the field, but in a controlled training environment. The more scent you add to the dummy, the easier it is for your dog to smell it.
- To test your dog's scenting ability, start with a few drops, train for a bit, then add more as needed. A seasoned hunting dog might only need a few drops, but young pups may need more scent.
- If you're using a plastic dummy, you'll need to reapply scent on a regular basis. Canvas dummies hold scent better so you won't need to reapply as often, but it will be difficult to switch which scent you are using. Plastic dummies are easy to clean so it's easy to switch scents for different game.