Catch some laughs and learning with the Melissa & Doug® Catch & Count Fishing Game. This wooden magnetic play set comes complete with a working wind-up reel. The 10 magnetic fish are numbered and patterned for matching, sorting, and counting activities, and two wooden rods make collecting them fun.
Kids can use the spinner to play as a game, or just have fun collecting the pieces over and over again. Either way, there's plenty of fun in this sea
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Help the child count all the fish pieces
- Help the child identify colors and patterns on the fish (red, orange, striped, spotted)
- Ask the child to line up the fish from biggest to smallest
- Sort the fish into groups (odd or even numbers, striped or spotted patterns)
- Place a bowl or bucket at the other end of the room. Challenge the child to catch the fish with the rod, the walk to the bowl or bucket and deposit the fish, one at a time
- Roll down the top of the storage bag until it makes a shallow pool. Place all the fish in the pool and ask the child to catch them all
- Set a timer or count to 20 while the players collect as many fish as possible with their fishing rods. See who collects the most
- Challenge the child to tap each fish's body with the "hook" without attaching to the fish's magnet
- Decorate a large piece of construction paper to make a fishing pond for your play surface. Add fishing chairs, hats, and buckets to complete the scene
Dimensions Packaged: 7.25" x 18" x 2.5"
|Brand||Melissa & Doug|
|Manufacturer Part Number||5149|