Hog Mate™ for Gilts and Sows is used to determine whether or not a gilt or sow is at a correct stage of estrus for artificial insemination. The spray contains a solution of the same pheromone compound which occurs naturally in the boar and which is responsible for the “boar odor.”
- Increase productivity and save money
- Aids in the identification of estrus in sows and first estrus in gilts without the use of a boar
- Water based formula eliminates solvent shock
- Daily treatment after weaning can reduce the number of days to next estrus
- No organic solvent, no pressurized aerosol
- Safe and non-flammable
- Can be shipped via air freight
- 40 mL will treat approximately 100 sows
Application: 1-2 sprays directly onto the sow's nose from a distance of 8" - 12" away
Manufacturer Part Number 325132 Animal Swine
- Hog Mate Review by Veterinarian
Had a client that did not have use of a boar for heat checking a group of gilts. Used this product on a towel and hung on gates for each gilt pen. I was skeptical at first but was very impressed with the product. In a pinch this product will get the job done.
(Posted on 5/9/13)
- Excellent results Review by ttack27
I wasn't sure what to expect. I had watched demos on this type of product on youtube but didn't know how it would work in a situation with only a couple of animals present. Once I could tell that the gilt was coming in heat I sprayed the product as directed and almost instantly she stood, just as if a boar were present. I will use again in the future.
(Posted on 12/17/12)
- OK Review by Bob
Not as good as a real boar but will do in a pinch...
(Posted on 10/3/12)
- Manuals & Resources