Quickly and easily close skin with the Appose™ Single-Use Skin Stapler. It works for a variety of surgical procedures, dispensing one staple each time it's triggered. The staples penetrate the skin and are then formed, holding the tissue together.
The sterile, single-use stapler is loaded with 35 wide staples and cannot be reloaded.
- Pre-cocked for accurate staple placement
- Jam-resistant mechanism
- Fires from multiple angles
- Ejector spring automatically disengages the staple to facilitate instrument removal from any direction
- Flat, dimpled staple top span is designed to ensure proper staple formation
- In the closed position, the wide staples have a width/crown of 6.5 mm and a leg length of 4.1 mm
- Q — Is there a preferred angle to position the Appose™ Single Use Skin Stapler against the skin before firing the instrument?
- A — The Appose™ Skin Stapler is designed to be fired from multiple angles. It has an ejector spring that automatically disengages the staple to facilitate instrument removal in any direction.
- Q — How can incomplete staple formation be avoided?
- A — The flat, dimpled staple top span is designed to ensure proper staple formation. To use the skin stapler properly, squeeze the trigger completely and release, do not pull or lift up on the stapler when releasing the trigger. Failure to completely squeeze the handle can result in incomplete staple formation and insufficient wound approximation.
- Q — What size staple is included in the Appose™ Single Use Skin Stapler?
- A — The Appose™ Single Use Skin Stapler that we offer has a wide-sized staple. In the closed position, the wide staple has a width/crown of 6.5mm and leg length of 4.1mm.
|Manufacturer Part Number||8886803712|
|Animal||Cattle, Swine, Horse, Sheep & Goat|
A must have for swine husbandry. places staples with ease and precision, easily removed after wound has healed. be sure to order disposable staple removers to make the job easier.
Very easy to use. Staples don't twist like other staplers. Great for small hands to use.
This works great when you find yourself in a pinch - great to use when castrating a piglet with an inguinal hernia, or closing a minor wound when the piglet jerks and you find yourself with a scalpel slice in your hand (don't ask!). We not only use these on the farm, but we also take them on camping trips, when we travel abroad, or any other time that an injury might occur and a hospital may be far away!