The Project Center 9 x 2 1/2 Power Pro™ Outdoor Wood Screw. Power Pro™ products are ideal for decks, stairs, playsets and many other outdoor projects. Power Pro™ offers interior and exterior wood screws, as well as specialty type screws for composite wood, trim, cabinets, and deck construction.
Power Pro™ Features: "Star Drive" technology virtually eliminates camout for a smooth, effortless drive every time. Chances for splitting wood are greatly reduced by the patented cross-cut threads and the wood biting cut point. These two features combine to prevent wood splitting by grinding wood and removing fibers from the hole. These features also combine to reduce the drive torque needed for any wood related task. This translates into less wear on you and your equipment.
- Star Drive
- 1,000 Hour Bronze Ceramic Coat
- Cross-Cut Thread
- Type 17 Cut Point
- Dual Flat Head with Nibs
- Driver Bit Size - T25
- Thread Type - Crosscut Thread
- 109 Pieces/Box
- 1 lb. Box
Weather Maxx™ Features:
- Provides superior rust and corrosion protection
- Recommended for ACQ, CA, and CCA treated lumber. Also recommended for cedar and redwood construction
- Provides multiple layers of zinc and polymer based coatings that ensure corrosion protection
- Conforms with I.C.C.-E.S. reports that allow for use of triple coated zinc polymer fasteners in contact with treated wood
- Exceeds 1,000 hour salt spray test under ASTM B117
- Available in Dual-Torq™ and Star Drives
Wood Working Tips - Understanding the Term "Extractive Bleeding": Cedar and Redwood contain high levels of water soluble tannins that help give the wood their natural decay resistant qualities. Tannins become active and bleed to the wood surface when the surface has been penetrated or if there has been a drastic change in weather conditions. This is called extractive bleeding. When this occurs, tannins can cause visible staining if they contact bare steel, galvanized steel, or finishes such as latex stains or paints at the wood surface where the bleeding originates. Extractive bleeding cannot be prevented or controlled. The use of Ceramic Coated Screws and Stainless Steel Deck Screws greatly reduces the risk of staining. These fasteners prevent extractive bleeding through the use of corrosion resistant materials and finishes.
|Manufacturer Part Number||47849|