With very little effort, you can quickly have a wonderful green field of deer forage without having to disk and use heavy equipment. This mixture includes tetraploid forage rye-grass, forage rape and forage clovers. These are the preferred forages for deer that can be planted in the spring or fall in most areas.
Coverage: 15 lbs. (covers 1/2 of an acre or 22,000 sq. ft.)
Forage Tetraploid Ryegrass: Tetraploid ryegrass produces a higher quality forage with more protein and sugar content than any other ryegrass. We have selected only the best tetraploid ryegrass varieties for EasyPlot so that you will have larger, more palatable plants that will continue to vigorously grow to provide a more nutritious food plot for your deer.
Forage Clover: The best of the fast growing forage clovers have been selected to give your herd a reliable source of nutrition. These annual clovers grow more quickly than other clovers and have the potential to grow well over 24” in height, providing your deer herd with tons of palatable forage. These forage clovers’ consistently high level of protein (up to 35%) and their mineral content make it a forage that deer both need and prefer.
Forage Rape Brassica: The best yielding New Zealand forage rape brassica delivers the highest levels of protein and mineral content of any annual forage available on the market today, providing up to 38% protein. This forage rape has been adapted to an extremely wide range of soils and weather conditions and will provide abundant large-leaf forage into the winter months. Average mature plant height is 24 inches tall. These forage brassicas have been selected to begin maturing in about 45 days. Once mature, they begin fixing more sugars in their leaves and become a huge attractant to deer.
Follow these 5 easy steps for best results when planting EasyPlot in a NO-TILL application:
- Select a Plot Area: Look for a level area that gets at least a half day of sunlight. An area in the woods that was recently cleared or an abandoned field are perfect for EasyPlot No-Till applications
- Ground Preparation: Remove weed competition and leaves by raking, spraying or mowing. It is still important to give the seeds in EasyPlot as much help as possible to reach bare ground, contact with the ground is required for any seed to grow
- Fertilize & Lime: A soil test can be used to determine exact fertilizer and lime needed. If a soil test cannot be performed, use the following recommendations:
- 150 pounds of 13-13-13 fertilizer per 1/2 acre or equivalent.
- 1,000 pounds of Lime
- Broadcast Seeds: Spread the seeds evenly over the prepared area at the rate of 15 lbs per 1/2 acre. If the ground has not been broken with machinery, dragging the plot with fencing will help ensure ground contact with the seed
- Maintenance: When the plot grows to 3" tall you can fertilize again with up to 25 lbs of ammonium nitrate per 1/2 acre or equivalent. This will help establish your plot but only use when the ground is moist to reduce the chances of burning. You can repeat this step again to push your plot to keep producing forage faster as the deer begin to forage heavily on the plot
Planting with Heavy Equipment: The plants in Throw & Gro, like all other plants, will produce more abundantly when planted in a properly prepared seed bed; therefore, whenever possible follow these planting Instructions.
Soil Preparation: Cultivate the soil 4" - 6" deep to remove competing weeds, and add fertilizer and lime as recommended. After cultivating, it is important to level and pack the soil before seeding the plot. Lightly pack the soil by running over your food plot with an ATV or a roller.
Planting Depth: Throw & Gro contains small seeds that do not need to be covered. We recommend broadcasting the seed and then rolling the seed into the seed bed by running over your food plot with an ATV or a roller. Never cover the seeds with more than 3/16" of dirt.
Moisture: Soil moisture is vital to the plants being able to establish themselves. The soil should be moist when planting, with a reasonable expectation of future rainfall. If adequate moisture is not available for an extended period after planting, the plot may fail to establish properly.
|Manufacturer Part Number||71503|
You might also like:
QC Part #: 510259