Plasson® Broiler Drinkers provide excellent water distribution form day-old chicks through grow-out. Trough lip is mini-drinker height in free-standing position. May be looped in a series for brooding.
Suspended drinker with independent ballast bottle and valve mechanism works to replace consumed water with constant level of fresh water. Once a bird drinks as little as 1/3 oz. of water, this highly sensitive and maintenance-free system is activated. The ballast bottle is an unique feature of this drinker, which acts independently of the bell and eliminates wear on the valve mechanism.
Eight to ten drinkers are recommended per 1,000 birds. Ensure a constant water level and a dry floor. Incorporates a bayonet-based bell, a special handle hook and an efficient stacking design.
Plasson® Drinkers are made of a rugged high-impact plastic specially formulated to withstand the ravages of the active broiler house for years.
This Drinker Kit comes complete with a 10' hose, barbs and cord assembly and a full line of parts are available.
Instructions for Use:
- #1 - Fill ballast bottle 1/2 to 3/4 full of water and antifreeze. This will help prevent freezing during cold weather.
- #2 - Insert the hanger rod through the hanger ballast nut and screw onto the ballast bottle.
- #3 - Put the bell over the ballast hanger rod.
- #4 - Place the mechanism assembly onto the hanger rod and snap into place on the bell.
- #5 - Put union onto the mechanism and attach hose.
- #6 - The water level adjuster is the top nut on the mechansim assembly.
Brand Plasson Manufacturer Part Number 2140000 Animal Poultry & Gamebird
- Good product Review by Kelly
I have now used these waters for 3 years and would not even think to get a different kind. I have never had a problem with one of the waterers themselves, but sometimes there gets to be buildup in the line or my water buckets leak. But, the waterer performs as promised each time. Well worth the money!
(Posted on 4/14/13)
- Works Great! Review by Fox Forest Farm
Works better than the other brand of hanging waterer we tried before. Easy to set up and install. Good product. Highly recommend!
(Posted on 4/13/13)
- excellent product Review by Travis
We have made the run around on automatic chicken drinkers. The Plasson Broiler Drinker is the best! Much better design than Kuhl bell waterers. Trouble free and easy to assemble.
Make sure you purchase the Saddle Connector for PVC installations. It does not come with the kit. Also, switch the hanging string for chain with a latch that you can move up and down as the birds age varies.
(Posted on 4/3/13)
- like it Review by grassfarmer
(Posted on 7/26/12)
- great product-- needs instructions! Review by momofsixgirls
product works great! definitely needs instructions with it- I would not have been able to assemble it myself-- thankfully, my husband figured it out!
(Posted on 5/27/12)
- Worked Great! Review by new farmers
This drinker has made our first attempt at raising broilers so much easier! Easy to assemble...easy to maintain. I would recommend!
(Posted on 5/7/12)
- Trouble free Review by zamoraclark
Good trouble free drinker. The water flowing down the bell encourages birds to drink. Gravity flow is nice for all sorts of uses away from city water pressure. Suggestions:
Switch out water for sand as ballast. Switch the cord/string for hanging to something better suited like chain or higher quality braided rope as the one included frays going through the adjuster included with the drinker.
(Posted on 4/18/12)
- needs instructions Review by grumpy
Good once I figured out how it works. Manufacturer needs to include instructions.
(Posted on 4/2/12)