The Plasson® Compact Adult Drinker has a significantly smaller surface while containing all of the other Plasson® Drinkers' unique characteristics and benefits. It is also easy to clean, thereby cutting down on labor, an important feature for enhanced profitability.
This drinker easily accommodates adult turkeys, ducks or geese and keeps the floor drier. Once the birds drink as little as 1/3 oz. of water, this highly sensitive and maintenance-free system is activated. An independent ballast bottle suspension eliminates strain on the sensitive valve mechanism and prevents swinging in order to assure a dry floor. Approximately 10-12 drinkers are needed per 1,000 adult birds. This drinker comes with 10' of hose and barbs and a full line of parts are available.
Instructions for Use:
- Fill ballast bottle 1/2 to 3/4 full of water and antifreeze. This will help prevent freezing during cold weather.
- Insert the hanger rod through the hanger ballast nut and screw onto the ballast bottle.
- Put the bell over the ballast hanger rod.
- Place the mechanism assembly onto the hanger rod and snap into place on the bell.
- Put union onto the mechanism and attach hose.
- The water level adjuster is the top nut on the mechansim assembly.
|Manufacturer Part Number||2104005|
|Animal||Poultry & Gamebird|
Great time saver. Perfect size for turkeys
I was using 2 gallon galvanized waterers in the turkey pen. I had to set them on the ground and refill frequently. They were always in the way when moving the pen. Now all of those problems are solved. Using one drinker for 12 turkeys.
As turkeys need a deeper well to drink from, this bell waterer is perfect for them. It's reliable, and a simple, well-designed product. It cleans and taken apart easily for maintenance.