Spin Down™ 1 1/2" Housing with 250 Mesh Filter. Sediment is visible through the clear cover. The housing has S x S ports. Sediment is quickly and easily removed by opening the 1/2" ball valve at the bottom of the filter cover.
- Centrifugal action spins out sediment from water
- Mesh is easily cleaned and reusable, no expensive element replacement needed
- Molded from U.V. stabalized weather resistant materials for a long service life
- Made in the USA
- Max Temperature Rating: 72° F
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 150 PSI at 73° F
- Flow Rate: 1 - 100 GPM
- Irrigation Systems - Sprinkler gear drives, spray nozzles, drip emitters, solenoid valves
- Domestic or Commercial Well Water - Faucet aerators, toilet valves, dish washers, clothes washers, water softeners, ice makers, HVAC heat pumps
- Industrial - Machinery cooling systems, process water prefiltration, distribution solenoid valves, cooling towers
- Poultry & Livestock - Fogger nozzles, drinking nipples, wash-down water valves, medication distribution systems
- Flush Valve
- Teflon Tape
Dimensions: 12 11/16" L
1 1/2" Spin Down™ Housings Available:
- #121098-24 — 1 1/2" Housing w/24 Mesh Filter
- #121098 — 1 1/2" Housing w/100 Mesh Filter
- #121098-140 — 1 1/2" Housing w/140 Mesh Filter
- #120129 — 1 1/2" Housing w/250 Mesh Filter
|Manufacturer Part Number||1-1/2-250F|
Manuals & ResourcesTop
I've got a lot of sediment in my water. I use one of these as a 1st filter, followed by a standard whole house paper filter. I tried various micron sizes, and of course there is always a trade-off. A smaller size like 500 or 1000 will trap more junk, but need to be rinsed more often. I've settled on the 250 for my needs. When my well is really bad, I rinse this every couple of days. If I didn't have the Rusco filter, I would be replacing $7.00 paper filters once a week or so.
Rinsing doesn't do a true backflush unless you plumb an extra reverse flow into the line. I decided just to have a second filter, so once a month I just switch them out so I can clean it.
My drain line is semi rigid, so i use a PVC Union to quickly disconnect it.
My original housing is 7 years old and doing fine.
QC had the best price on the web, incuding shipping.
problems with this product
The filter cover is very fragile where the shutoff valve is connected. I had to buy the cover separately which was ridiculously expensive. The cleaning action by opening the value does not wash out the sediment accumulated on the filter very well. The unit is over priced.
The filter gets dirty and get blocked in no time requiring frequent cleaning.
Good service, good product